We spent a full day in Osaka celebrating the city’s often overlooked shrines. Sumiyoshi Shrine is so beautiful with its arched bridge and multiple wedding processions. The Hiraoka Festival is one of the largest matsuri festivals in Osaka. It was truly unforgettable. Dinner at CocoCurry was a perfect end to the day.
Intro graphic by the amazing Dominic Pugh
Aritus – Serene
Clams Casino – I’m God
Ty Naka – Nichibotsu日没
A Himitsu – Cease
Lakey Inspired – Morning Jam (Feat. Curt Henderson)
What camera equipment do you use?
– Panasonic G85, Sony RX100v, iPhone 7+, DJI Osmo Mobile, Rode Videomicro (New videos now being filmed on Fujifilm X-H1)
What editing software do you use?
– Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018
Why don’t you post videos more often?
– I’m still in high school and am involved in a lot of extracurricular activities, and it takes many hours to create each video. I’d rather create quality videos than pump out rushed, crappy ones.
Is your last name really Suzuki?
Are you part Japanese?
– Yes, quarter. My grandfather is originally from Yamagata, Japan.
How do you afford to travel to Japan?
– The Old Man travels for his job enough that he has lots of award points to redeem. Plus, traveling to Japan, while not cheap, is not as expensive as most people think.
Why doesn’t the Old Man ever appear in your videos?
– He’s shy. He made a brief appearance in the Takayama video.