Travel tips for traveling to Hong Kong:
1. Immigration – be mindful of how long this can take when scheduling your pickups. When leaving Hong Kong International Airpot avoid the lines at immigration and check out Smart Departures.
2. Currency – recommend getting money through an ATM by using banks that don’t charge ATM fees such as Capital One 360 Checking. Currency exchanges don’t provide as good a rate.
3. Trains – the train from the airport to downtown is pretty easy. Check out the link below for details. You can go to one of the many kiosks ash the airport after baggage claim.
MTR (Hong Kong Subway) – buy a ticket from a kiosk and click on the map where you want to go. Once you get the ticket tap the card at the gate and pass through. Upon leaving the train station insert the card into the ticket gate where it will collect the card as you exit.
Check out the MTR guide below:
If you want to check out reloadable cards follow the link below.
4. Other modes of transportation – there’s a lot of places you can get to by walking but if you’re not up for it there are a lot of free shuttles going around the city. Check out the link below. Also I recommend asking your hotel if they offer free shuttles as well.
5. Where to Stay – I stayed at the hotel below in Mongkok. You can get hotels for around 100 USD and is about 15 minute walk from all the shopping and restaurants.
6. Where to eat – there are restaurants and street food everywhere so it’s hard to pick. I personally enjoyed trying out all the street food. Check out my other video below.
7. Where to shop – There are malls everywhere but if you want something unique check out the Ladies Market below.
8. What to wear (around December season) – I recommend wearing jeans and a shirt and carry around an extra layer as it can get chilly later in the day.
**Airport Lounge Tips (Terminal 1)
Centurion Lounge (Amex Platinum) and Plaza Premium Lounge (Priority Pass) are available near gate 60 in Terminal 1. Just take the escalator or elevator up to the second floor.
Check out the Lounge Buddy app for more details
This video was shot on a GoPro Hero 6 Black